- October 10, 2016
- Comments Off on New Rule Makes It Easier for Nursing Home Abuse Victims to File Lawsuits
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services recently enacted a new rule that makes it easier for victims of nursing home abuse and neglect to file lawsuits against the at-fault facility.
New Federal Rules Could Prevent Nursing Home Abuse Victims from Attaining Justice – New York City Injury Attorney Investigates
- August 18, 2016
- Comments Off on New Federal Rules Could Prevent Nursing Home Abuse Victims from Attaining Justice – New York City Injury Attorney Investigates
Nursing homes advertise reliable care in a comfortable, safe environment. Unfortunately, many retirement homes fall short of this promise – and residents suffer the consequences.
- November 23, 2015
- Comments Off on Nursing Home Law Update: Victims of Nursing Home Abuse in New York May Have More Options
When a loved one is placed in a nursing home, families may be asked to sign quite a bit of paperwork. Yet, families may be unknowingly signing away important rights as part of this process. According to a Harvard Law…
- January 30, 2015
- Comments Off on Medical Malpractice in NYC: Do You Know Your Rights?
In places of employment, by law, there has to be visible signage, informing employees of their rights, should they be injured while at work, and where they can get help. Very often, these signs are in more than one language…
- January 23, 2015
- Comments Off on New York Nursing Homes Are Taking Over Control Of Residents’ Money
A little-known but worrying aspect of care for the elderly in New York is that nursing homes can, and do, file for guardianship of incapacitated residents, gaining control of their finances. If a nursing home believes that someone in their…
- January 2, 2015
- Comments Off on Medical Malpractice in NYC: Why You May Not Have A Claim
Last week I wrote about what medical malpractice is, and how you could determine whether it’s worth seeking the advice of a medical malpractice lawyer or not. This week, I’d like to share with you why may not have a…
- December 26, 2014
- Comments Off on Medical Malpractice in NYC: Can You Sue?
If you are unfortunate enough to have something go wrong during a medical procedure, or you haven’t received the correct treatment you needed, you’ll quite naturally, want to seek some kind of justice and recompense. But how do you know…
- December 19, 2014
- Comments Off on New York – The Shocking State of Nursing Homes
At this time of year, perhaps more than any other, we want to be confident that the people whom we have charged with caring for our elderly relatives are doing their job properly; unfortunately, for many people, this simply is…
- December 12, 2014
- Comments Off on Report Shows That Care Levels In Nursing Homes May Be Lower Than Families Expect
A while back, you may recall that I wrote about the staff of a Long Island nursing home being indicted for the death of one of its residents, and the neglect of several more; recently, The Center for Public Integrity…
- August 7, 2014
- Comments Off on Long Island Nursing Home Employees Indicted For The Death Of A 72 Year-Old Resident
Earlier this month, State Attorney General, Eric Schneiderman, indicted nine employees – including an administrator and a director – of the New York nursing home, Medford Multicare Center for Living, on charges in connection with the death in of 72 year-old…